Headquarters: Mountain View, CA (US)
Size: 10000+ employees
Type: Company - Public (SYMC)
Industry: Computer Hardware & Software
Revenue: â‚¹100 to â‚¹500 billion (INR) per year
Symantec has an important and challenging mission always looking for smart, fearless, and passionate people who are ready to help keep the world™s information safe.
If this sounds like you and you™re looking for a rewarding, opportunity-filled career with a company that protects millions of people against cyber threats every day
What We Stand For
Symantec is a global technology company. We are also a diverse, vibrant community with strong values and a shared commitment to each other, the work we do, and the world we all share.
Define Your Journey
With locations in more than 50 countries around the world, opportunities are endless if you want to define your journey at Symantec. Our teams are filled with passionate, smart and driven individuals who want to help protect the world™s information
Values that Define Our Journey
When you join the Symantec team, you become part of a dynamic, supportive culture. We live by some core values, values that celebrate diversity, promote teamwork, and encourage every team member to contribute and
We believe diversity is more than just race, gender and ethnicity: itâ€™s about creating an environment where every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, background, and experience is celebrated.
Symantec is actively working to increase the number of women and underrepresented minorities employees in the United States by 15 percent by 2020, using FY14 as a baseline year, between 2014 and 2020. To accomplish this goal, we are working together to:
· Expand bias training for recruiters, HR business partners, and people managers
· Design inclusive and objective hiring processes
· Expand and measure outreach efforts in communities of underrepresented groups
· Track diversity metrics on a more consistent basis and share progress with company leaders
Fostering Diversity with Employee Resource Groups
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGâ€™S) play an important role in delivering on our diversity and inclusion strategies. ERGs help to build cultural awareness and a sense of belonging for our employees. They serve as ambassadors in the broader community, volunteering and advocating on issues. ERGs help to foster innovation and support the growth of Symantec's business.
SWAN is a networking forum for the women and men at Symantec intended to help support and encourage female employees achieve their potential. SWAN accomplishes this by building a positive work environment, supporting women to become more visible leaders, creating and providing access to best practices, peer mentoring and capability building. By focusing on growth, learning and networking, SWAN enhances Symantec's reputation as a great place to work for women.
· I'm most proud of being part of a collaborative team that thinks outside the box, addresses ways to bring awareness to women and minorities to the field of cyber security, and helps Symantec leverage diverse talent to do incredible things. Renault, Distinguished Technical Architect
· As a graduate of an HBCU, it pleases me to know that my company values these institutions and views them as one of the avenues to strengthen our pipeline of diverse qualified future Symantec employees. Global Sales Compensation Program Manager, SyBER™s Workplace Lead